Winter Sports begin on Monday, November 13th. In order to participate you must have the following two forms completed and on file:
Form 1=Physical completed by your doctor
Form 2=Consent & Concussion form(front & back form)
Winter Sports include: Boys Basketball and Wrestling
If you missed picture day or do not like your pictures there will be a one day make up on Monday, November 13th from 8:30-11:00 a.m. ONLY
Details will be sent home later. The dance will be on Thursday, November 9th from 6:00-8:00 p.m. for HCMS students only!
Our Winter Sports Informational meeting will be held on Thursday November 9th in the auditorium from 4:00-5:00 Parents only!
Students have a holiday on Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
Would you like to send a special treat to one of your BFF’s or fave teacher? Our SCA will be selling BooGrams beginning Monday, October, 23-27. You may purchase these in the bus lobby in the morning or during lunch from our SCA NOT the bookstore. The cost is .50 cents each. All BooGrams will be delivered on October 31!! BOOOOO!!!
Our annual fall chorus concert will be held on Thursday, October 19th from 7:00-8:00 p.m. in the auditorium!
The Parent Portal Access for Schoology has now been opened to Hungary Creek parents. This will allow you to follow all of your students’ courses throughout the school year.
In order to provide the highest level of security of your student’s personal information while also allowing you access to create and connect your Schoology account, HCPS has stored your child’s Schoology Access Code within PowerSchool. This means that parents will first create or sign into PowerSchool, locate the Schoology tab, and use the information found there to create and connect their Schoology account. Once a parent has completed setting up Schoology, they can sign into Schoology independently of Powerschool. Remember – Powerschool will continue to be the gradebook of record. When checking/verifying your child’s grades always refer to PowerSchool.
Please follow these instructions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13U_Hi3p8qjvOKlQCl1fCgbNHwgcxy3c3SrZ_Tev_b-I/edit
We would love for you to volunteer at the Creek in 2017-2018! Click here to download a School Volunteer form.
Please take a moment to review the attendance procedures and policy for the coming school year.
When Your Child Is Out:
Parents: Please make sure you call the school the day of the absence at 527-2640 or send in a note within 24 hours of each absence.
Henrico Code of Conduct states:
- When a student accumulates five (5) unexcused absences, the parent will be contacted and the school social worker will develop a plan with the parents to resolve the student’s nonattendance.
- When a student accumulates six (6) unexcused absences, the social worker supervisor will report the attendance status to the Commonwealth Attorney’s Office.
- When a student accumulates seven (7) unexcused absences, the school social worker will file a complaint against the student and /or parent through Henrico Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court.
- A written statement by a physician is required when a student misses more than 10 days during the school year because of illness.
- Please call the school the day of your child’s absence.
- If you forget to call the day of the absence please send a note within 24 hours of the absence.
4909 Francistown Road, Glen Allen, VA 23060
Phone (804) 527-2640 | Fax (804) 527-2642
School Hours: 8:35 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Half-day dismissal time: 12:10 p.m.