Please take a moment to review the attendance procedures and policy for the coming school year.
When Your Child Is Out:
Parents: Please make sure you call the school the day of the absence at 527-2640 or send in a note within 24 hours of each absence.
Henrico Code of Conduct states:
- When a student accumulates five (5) unexcused absences, the parent will be contacted and the school social worker will develop a plan with the parents to resolve the student’s nonattendance.
- When a student accumulates six (6) unexcused absences, the social worker supervisor will report the attendance status to the Commonwealth Attorney’s Office.
- When a student accumulates seven (7) unexcused absences, the school social worker will file a complaint against the student and /or parent through Henrico Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court.
- A written statement by a physician is required when a student misses more than 10 days during the school year because of illness.
- Please call the school the day of your child’s absence.
- If you forget to call the day of the absence please send a note within 24 hours of the absence.