Parent & Student Resources

School Supply Lists

Bell Schedule

Library

School Counseling

 

About Hungary Creek Middle School
Hungary Creek Middle School, located in the Brookland District, was built and opened in 2004. It is located in the northwestern region of Henrico County, once called Hungary. It was the site of a water station for the Richmond, Fredericksburg, and Potomac Railroad. Maps of the area indicate that Hungary was either a crossroads or a small community that grew up around the railroad tracks. Hungary Spring Road derives its name from the settlement of Hungary. Supposedly, the road ran to a small spring in the area. Hungary came to be known as Laurel sometime around the Civil War.

Laurel/Hungary
This locality, in the northwestern part of Henrico County, was once called Hungry. It was the site of a water station for the R. F. & P. Railroad. Maps of the area indicate that Hungary was either a crossroads or a small community that grew up around the railroad tracks. Hungary Spring Road derives its name from the settlement of Hungary.  Supposedly, the road ran to a small spring in the area. Deep Run Baptist Church was originally called Hungary Baptist Church that had been reorganized from Chickahominy Baptist Church, which was established as far back as 1792. Hungary came to be known as Laurel sometime around the Civil War. The Smith’s Map of Henrico County in 1853 shows Hungary Run as a tributary and also locates Hungary Branch Station. There is no explanation for the name.