Please see the following items highlighting upcoming events:
|In-Person Only – 6th, 7th, and 8th Graders:
Return to School Plan
Town Hall Presentation – Return to School
PowerSchool and Bus Ridership Update:
In order to maintain social distancing on the bus with appropriate ridership levels, we must adhere to the following process:
· School Bus information will be available in PowerSchool beginning February 23rd. It will be posted in the PowerSchool Parent Portal as well as the Rycor online payment and forms system. Parents can contact their child’s school if they need assistance accessing either system.
· Requests for alternate transportation locations will continue to be managed by using the School Bus Transportation form. https://henricoschools.us/transportation/
New PowerSchool updates/Intent changes will require the following acknowledgments:
· All routes and ridership are frozen for all students based on their intent decisions as of February 4th, 2021.
· New students that request expanded in-person learning will be addressed case by case after their grade level returns to in-person learning. (i.e. PreK – 5, 6-8, 9-12)
· Bus Passes will not be allowed.
Before students return to school, there are essential school documents in need of your signature and are accessible through the online forms portal. Those include two COVID-19 Health and Safety Forms that must be signed before students can re-enter a school.
Just log into the PowerSchool Parent Portal and select the menu “Access Online Forms” located on the left. Once in the forms portal, you will see instructions on how to locate and complete online forms.
Here is a YouTube playlist of our “video toolbox” on expanded in-person learning that currently has 5 short clips, but more will be added in the days/weeks to come: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Ta2GOUxIc&list=PL0Rn8Ah-Yg4t9NZN-5bQ42nVIqirakfT2.
(Topics in that playlist include a “PSA” about mask-wearing; bus riding, HVAC improvements, desk guards/signage/stickers, and PPE)
This is a colorful graphic of the COVID-19 self-screening questions in English: https://henricoschools.us/wp-content/uploads/COVID-19-Health-Screening-for-Students-Flyer_ENG.pdf
This is a colorful graphic of the COVID-19 self-screening questions in Spanish: https://henricoschools.us/wp-content/uploads/COVID-19-Health-Screening-for-Students-Flyer_SPAN.pdf
This is a Virginia Department of Health graphic related to quarantine and isolation. We’ll be doing more on this topic next week, but for now, here’s the VDH link: https://henricoschools.us/wp-content/uploads/Home-IsolationQuarantine-Release-Graphic_FINAL.pdf
March 12th ½ Day Bell Schedule:
Period 5 8:30 – 9:10
Period 6 9:15 – 9:55
Period 7 10:00 – 10:40
Period 8 10:45 – 11:25
School Picture appointments are now available!
Virtual students should use the link below to sign up for picture day. Appointments are 5 minutes and run from 8:30-3:30 on Wed. and 3:30-5:30 on Th/Fr.
School Pictures will be held Wed. 3/24 – Fri. 3/26; F2F students will take pictures during PE on Th/Fr.
If you are not planning on participating, but would still like to be in the yearbook, please email email@example.com for alternatives.
From the PTSA:
Have you joined the PTSA yet?
Now is the time, and we need your support!
Buy a Hungary Creek PTSA membership today:
Have a great weekend!!!