Please see the following items highlighting pertinent information and upcoming events:
Specialty Center Information:
From the arts to the environment, Henrico County Public Schools high school specialty centers offer students the chance to focus intensely in an academic area that fires their imaginations. The school division will hold three\ virtual information sessions in October to enable families and students to learn more. The sessions kick off Monday evening.
Each virtual information session will feature an introduction and various virtual breakout sessions about each center. Families and students can attend up to three virtual breakout sessions. Each of the three information sessions will offer identical information about HCPS’ specialty centers.
HCPS high school specialty centers virtual information sessions:
(Join by going to http://www.henricoschools.us/ before the start of the information session.)
- Oct. 4 at 7 p.m.
- Oct. 13 at 7 p.m.
- Oct. 20 at 7 p.m.
The school division will add two new specialty centers for the 2022-23 school year, one devoted to environmental studies and another to healthcare services. The Center for Environmental Studies and Sustainability will be at Varina High School, with a satellite campus planned near the James River. The Center for Allied Health and Human Services will open at Hermitage High School. To learn more about the school division’s high school specialty centers, go to https://henricoschools.us/specialty-centers/.
2022-23 HCPS high school specialty centers and programs:
- Advanced Career Education Centers at Hermitage, Highland Springs, and Virginia Randolph
- Advance College Academy for Business Administration (Highland Springs High School)
- Advance College Academy for Social Sciences (J.R. Tucker High School)
- Center for Allied Health and Human Services (Hermitage High School)
- Center for the Arts (Henrico High School)
- Center for Communications and Media Relations (Varina High School)
- Center for Education and Human Development (Glen Allen High School)
- Center for Engineering (Highland Springs High School)
- Center for Environmental Studies and Sustainability (Varina High School)
- Center for the Humanities (Hermitage High School)
- Center for Information Technology (Deep Run High School)
- Center for Leadership, Government and Global Economics (Douglas Freeman High School)
- Center for Spanish Language and Global Citizenship (J.R. Tucker High School)
- International Baccalaureate programs (Henrico High School)
- International Baccalaureate programs (J.R. Tucker High School)
- The Todd A. Phillips Center for Medical Sciences (Mills Godwin High School)
Life Ready Expo:
Oct. 5th & Oct. 7th – Virginia Growth Assessments
Oct. 11th – Student Holiday
This week our school recorded 0 positive COVID cases and 0 exposures.
Have a great weekend!!!