Please see the following items highlighting pertinent information and upcoming events:
Henrico County will continue to utilize online systems to complete school division forms, including the Code of Conduct and Laptop/Charger Agreement. Forms are now available. The form completion site, eCollect Forms, is free of charge and can be accessed using the parent portal within PowerSchool.
If you have not already registered in PowerSchool, please do. You will need your child’s 11-digit student ID number. This number is located on your child’s report card.
PowerSchool Parent Portal: https://sis.henrico.k12.va.us/public/home.html
We expect bus routes to appear in PowerSchool Parent Portal on Monday, August 22 (after 9:30 am).
Cougar Camp for Rising 6th Graders & Parents
August 18th from 9 AM – 12 Noon.
Students may arrive as early as 8:45 AM.
The dress is school-appropriate casual wear.
- PARENTS – We have a camp for YOU, TOO… In a separate area, we will have planned activities to help you with the transition to middle school, including…
- A humorous overview of the “typical” middle school mind
- A tour of the school facilities & an overview of our security & safety plans
- A glance at the bell schedule
- Tips from veteran parents on supervising homework & studying, helping your child with organization, & encouraging school involvement, etc.
- An introduction to our wonderful PTSA
- Your county required Digital Learning Overview training
- Answers to your burning questions & concerns
6th, 7th, and 8th Grade – Thursday, August 25th
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Open House run as “open flow” where PARENTS can take care of the following items:
- Buy school supplies at the PTSA CougarMart.
- Join the PTSA.
- Gather paperwork for athletics.
- Deposit money in your child’s breakfast/lunch account.
STUDENTS, you will be able to receive your schedule and walk the building.
Greetings Cougar Families!
The PTSA is excited to welcome you all back to school in the next few weeks! We have been working hard over the summer to improve upon the great year that we had last year. We can’t wait to see you and your Cougars at Open House, Cougar Camp, and Back to School Night!! There are so many ways for you to be involved. If you have any questions or are interested in helping, please email us at TheCreekPTSA@gmail.com!
Important upcoming PTSA dates…
- Tuesday 8/30 4-8 pm SPIRIT NIGHT at Panda Express
- Wednesday 9/7 6-8 pm SPIRIT NIGHT at Ashland Skateland
Please take a moment to visit our website and join the PTSA and buy some great Cougar Spirit Wear!
Jumpstart the 2022-23 school year at the Back-to-School Kickoff
HCPS Back to School Kick-Off Event at Glen Allen High School 10700 Staples Mill Rd., Glen Allen, VA 23060 will be held on August 19th from 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM. There will be a DJ, contests and door prizes, a photo booth, a bookbag giveaway, school supplies, a kids’ engagement zone and activities, and workshops for the online parent portal. For more information, please contact the Office of Family and Community Engagement at 804-226-5340.
Aug. 18th Cougar Camp and Parent Academy for rising 6th Graders – 9 AM – 12 PM
Aug. 19th HCPS Back to School Kick-Off Event at Glen Allen HS 4 PM – 6:30 PM
Aug. 25th HCMS Open House 11 AM – 4 PM
Aug 29th First Day of School!!!
Aug. 31st Fall Sports Athletic Meeting 4 PM in the Auditorium
Sept. 2nd Student Holiday
Sept. 5th Student/Staff Holiday (Labor Day)
Sept. 20th Back to School Night 6 PM
To stay connected on important dates, school activities, and community events, please visit us at https://hungarycreek.henricoschools.us/ or our socials: